ACTION ITEM: Ban Russian TV
Propaganda in Canada
Send this letter to your local cable TV provider (see list below)
Dear [ INSERT NAME, COMPANY],
Please STOP FUELLING THE FIRE!
As a customer of your services, I am very concerned with the slanderous information, propaganda and war mongering that appears on your networks through the irresponsible journalism of the following TV channels: RT (Russia Today), Perviy Kanal (First Channel), RTR and NTV TV, as well as through videos and sites on the Internet.
Specifically, RT News has broadcasted examples of hate, propaganda of war, threats to North America and false, misleading and inaccurate reports on the situation in Ukraine, as highlighted in the list of links provided at the end of this letter.
These Russian TV channels are instrumental in spreading Russian President Vladimir Putin’s lies about the recent events in Ukraine to Canadian TV audiences in an attempt to justify his invasion of Ukraine: they are propagating war mongering and ethnic hatred. I refer you to the following document - The Ten Lies of Putin, (http://www.state.gOv/r/pa/prs/ps/2014/03/222988.htm) created by the U.S. Department of State.
Furthermore, Dmitri Kiselev, the General Director of Russia Today responsible for RT broadcasting, has been placed on the individual sanctions list by the European Commission.
Therefore, as a concerned Canadian citizen who respects human rights, democracy and integrity in journalism, and as your customer, I am asking that your respected company stop the transmissions, broadcasts, and videos of this Russian propaganda and avoid being the messengers of misinformation and hatred. Canadian audiences deserve honest and objective broadcasts.
Examples of RT News propaganda and misinformation:
• Russia Today: Russia Gear Up for WW3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcodN6_Vc9E
• Russia Today on an “oncoming Civil War” in the United States. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5 wu8fjNr61Q
• Perviy Kanal (First Channel of the RT system) on Russia “to turn America into nuclear ashes”. http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/russia-could-still-turn-the-u-s-into-radioactive-dust-news-anchor-in-moscow-reminds-iewers/?_j)hp=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
• Provocative RT ads Rejected at U.S. Airports https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2il2V_l-GU
• Highly militarized rioters attempt to start civil war in Ukraine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMvzIEDYFBs
• Russia Today on Ukrainian nuclear rearmament - Nazis in Ukraine w/ nuclear ambitions. Thousands of Ukrainians fleeing the country. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwfbMoF-POQ
• New Ukrainian government is “semi-fascist” - US creating “ring of iron” around Russia. West uses fascist forces to overthrow government in Ukraine. International law on the side of Russia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvg516XG19I
• Fundamental, far-right neo-nazi politics are reason for violence in Kyiv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMvzIEDYFBs#aid=P9vL4CyT7yI
self-defence groups” patrol Crimean airports. Cause no
inconvenience; deputies in parliament
work without interference. Crimeans forced to speak Ukrainian. Everything Russian is under assault.
• West backs violent riots in Ukraine. Russia and Ukraine have agreement where Russia can deploy 25,000 troops in Ukraine. UN envoy comes across group of “protestors.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iruii5ES8As&feature=youtube_gdata_4)layer
CANADIAN TV PROVIDER CONTACTS
Vice President, Communications
& Public Affairs
Director, Public Affairs
Senior Director of Corporate
VP Communications, Marketing
and Industry Relations
• Sheila Frise Corporate
• Taylor Huff Corporate
28th Floor, 25 York Street
Toronto, ON M5J 2V5